Zero Flower Barn - Huapai Kumeu Auckland.
ONE PART TIME POSITION.
THOSE WITH A LOVE OF NATURE AND BEING ACTIVE.
job requires someone with a Horticultural Diploma Level 4 minimum.
You may be currently completing your Certificate/Diploma
or part way through it. The job is located in Kumeu Auckland New
Responsible for day to day growing processes including pest and disease
application irrigation lighting temperature growing media fertilization
nutrition and monitoring the overall health of plants
• Proper irrigation of crops
• Fertilizer and nutrient management of crops including mixing fertilizer
• Mixing and applying chemicals including growth regulators fungicides and
• Monitoring crops for growth health insects and diseases and communicating
findings with Grower Manager.
Plant propagation; seeds cuttings seedlings and other techniques
• Planting Moving Spacing and cutting crops.
• General greenhouse maintenance - cleaning
• Any other duties assigned by Grower Manager
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Strong desire to grow plants and work in greenhouse environment
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of greenhouse and greenhouse equipment
• Detail oriented
• Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements status of the
plants and possible problems/issues.
• Ability to accurately follow instructions
• Degree or 1yr experience in Horticulture or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
While performing the duties of this Job the employee is regularly required
to stand; walk; use hands to finger handle or feel; talk or hear and taste
or smell. The employees duties will include sitting; reaching with hands and
arms; climbing or balancing and stooping kneeling crouching or crawling.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move heavy objects. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include good eyesight which covers;
close vision distance vision colour vision peripheral vision depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work rostered days
and evening shifts including weekends.
While performing the duties of this Job the employee is frequently exposed
to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to
airborne particles; and/or chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme
cold; extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment can sometimes be
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by people assigned to this role. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by
the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend
duties at any time.
Fast strong healthy
workers with the right attitude only apply.
must have an interest in floriculture or horticulture
- Have your own transport
- Be a Non smoker
- Ability to work long hours until your job for the day is completed
- Work Saturday and/or Sundays when needed
The ideal applicant will have: - A willingness to work inside a hot greenhouse
or outside in the rain - A strong work ethic - Be physically fit - An ability
to work well in a team environment or on your own- Your own transport.
email Angelique: email@example.com